Legal Services Department
LEGAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
To provide premium legal services.
To provide prompt and quality legal services to all departments that will enhance quality service delivery within the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The department is involved in:-
- Giving legal advice and opinions to the Ministry
- Interpreting disciplinary regulations
- Processing primary drafts and amendments to the Acts administered by the Ministry
- Representing the Ministry in legal matters in consultation with the Attorney General’s office.
- Liaising with the Attorney General’s Office on matters involving complex legal issues.
- Drafting, analyzing and amending contracts, MoUs, MOAs and other legal documents between the Ministry and third parties to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Drafting responding affidavits to applications made by members against the Ministry
- Processing ratification of all signed UN, AU, SADC Conventions, Protocols and Treaties and domestication thereof were necessary.
ACTS OF PARLIAMENT ADMINISTERED BY THE MINISTRY OF HOME
i. Advertisement Regulations Act [Chapter 14 : 01]
ii. Anti-Corruption Commission Act [Chapter 9 : 22] (Act No. 13 of 2004)
iii. Betting and Tatalizator Control Act [Chapter 10 : 02]
iv. Birth and Deaths Registration Act [Chapter 5 : 02
v. Burial and Deaths Registration Act [Chapter 5 : 03]
vi. Censorship and Entertainment Control Act [Chapter 10 : 04]
vii. Citizenship of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 4 : 01]
viii. Constitution of Zimbabwe
ix. Copper Control Act [Chapter 14 : 06]
x. Extradition Act [Chapter 9 : 08]
xi. Extradition of Offenders Act (Republic of South Africa) [Act No. 61 of 1974]
xii. Firearms Act [Chapter10 : 09]
xiii. Foreign Subversive Organisations Act [Chapter 11 : 05]
xiv. Suppression of Foreign and International Terrorism [Chapter 11 : 21]
(Act No.5 of 2007).
xv. Harmful Liquids Act [Chapter 9 : 10]
xvi. Immigration Act [Chapter 4 : 02]
xvii. Justice of the Peace and Commissioners of Oaths Act [Chapter 7 : 09]
xviii. Lotteries and Gaming Act [Chapter 10 : 26] (Act No. 26 of 1998)
xix. National Anthem of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 10 : 15]
xx. National Archives of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 25 : 06]
xxi. National Heroes Dependants (assistance) Act [Chapter 10 : 16]
xxii. National Museums and Monuments [Chapter 25 : 11]
xxiii. National Registration Act [Chapter 10 : 17]
xxiv Official Secrecy Act [Chapter 11 :09]
xxv. Pawnbrokers Act [Chapter 14 : 15]
xxvi. Police Act [Chapter 11 : 10]
xxvii. Pools Control Act [Chapter 10 : 19]
xxviii. Preservation of Constitutional Government Act [Chapter 11 : 11]
xxix. Prevention of Corruption Act [Chapter 9 : 16]
xxx Printed Publications Act [Chapter 25 : 14]
xxxi. Private Investigation and Security Guards (Control) Act [Chapter 27 : 10]
xxxii. Protected Places and Areas Act [Chapter 11 : 12]
xxxiii. Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act [Chapter 10 : 12]
xxxiv. Public Order and Security Act [Chapter 11 : 17] (Act No. 1 of 2002)
xxxv. Second-hand Goods Act [Chapter 14 : 16]
xxxvi. Stock Theft Prevention Act [Chapter 9 : 18]
xxxvii. Unlawful Organisations Act [Chapter 11 : 13]
xxxviii. Vagrancy Act [Chapter 10 : 25]
xxxiv. Witchcraft Suppression Act [Chapter 9 : 19]